Good marketing is no accident, but a result of careful planning and execution using state-of-the-art tools and techniques. It becomes both an art and a science as marketers strive to find creative new solutions to often-complex challenges amid profound changes in the 21st century marketing environment.
Growing your brands in the monopoly market is the outcome of dedication and hard work. As our company Concealed Wines is an established importer of beer, wine and spirit products, active in Sweden, Finland and Norway. Our company not only works with excellent producers all over the world but we also take some steps for marketing these wines. These marketing strategies are done to help us reaching our goals. It also gives us the oppurtunity to increase the brand awareness of the selected products which are listed in the market. These marketing strategies or tools used by our company helps us or our producers reach the target group. We have clearly defined our target group on our website.
To read more about the target group, click here.
The strategies we adopt for each launched product are carefully choosen by our marketing team. We do an analysis of the product. Usually we define goals usually on the S.M.A.R.T method (about SMART read below). Defining the goals shows us what we are aiming for and how hard we have to work to achieve them. In todays era technology helps us to implement our strategies on the right time. Morever it helps us to measure the results.
We would like to introduce you to the strategies we use. These marketing strategies are done for the products which have been listed in the market. Our partners are worldwide and these tasks helps us in bringing the right information to the right people at the right time. To incorporate this fundamental we use the right place to deliver our message. Since we know from our own experience from the industry that it is very important with marketing to sell wines on new markets we have established close relationship with a number of industry partners with skills and networks to market wines regionally to really push new wines into the market.
To give you a better understanding of these strategies we have cited some examples of the activities we perform. Firstly, when our product has been selected in a specific market and the launch date is known. Our Marketing team prepares a brain storming plan. This plan consists of the the goals we want to aim for. The goals are on the basis of the S.M.A.R.T method.
Each goal should be:
- Specific (simple, sensible, significant).
- Measurable (meaningful, motivating).
- Achievable (agreed, attainable).
- Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based).
- Time bound (time-based, time limited, time or cost limited, timely, time-sensitive).
By this way we are able to define our goal and we set a time frame. This goal also helps in knowing the time frame and if required when to make some changes to our planned strategies.
After we are ready with the plan, we choose what strategies fits the most to achieve our goals. Therefore Concealed Wines has a set of strategies what we have been using as our marketing activities. Underrneath you will find the activities with some examples.
Concealed Wines is active on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram. These platforms are used for reaching the defined target group. These platforms specially facebook has quite a lot of options to bring across our message to the right people on demographical and geographical basis. Some of our social media activities are as follows:
- Posts – The products that we launch appear on our social media pages in the form of articles or pictures. This not only brings across the launched product but also gives some information about our producer.
- Advertisement – We advertise some products to gain more views. It is generally a paid promotion but it helps selecting the geographical location and the target group. For this approach we boost articles and information which would be interested for the respective target group.
- Campaigns – In this way we approach the target group via campaigns. This way we try to get our target group involved into the marketing strategy. The participation could be rewarded with small gift.
- Through these social media activities we are able to pass the information to our followers who have the option to share it further.
- Blogs- We regularly post blogs on our website regarding new launches and purchase plans. These blogs are then forwarded to our social media pages.
We send our company updates as well our market insights to all our partners and business customers. Usually we send newsletter 4 times per year. This newsletter is a brief summary of all the updates from our business as well about the launch dates and about the brands which we have placed on the market.
The newsletter also gives the viewers the option to contact us for their queries.
OUR TECHNOLOGY PARTNERS
Since in todays world online marketing activities play a vital role in order to reach the end consumer. Concealed wines currently works with two companies who give us technological assistance. Moreover we get updated to the latest softwares and each day brings more knowledge about the changing technology world.
The above were a form of online advertisement. Apart from online strategies our marketing team also focuses on offline advertisement. It is done by:
- Written articles in wine magazines and journals.
- We send out a presentation of the product in pdf format to journalist.
- A well defined presentation of the product influences the writters to get interest in the product.
- This strategy helps to approach a bigger crowd.
Our on trade sales channels like restaurants, hotels and cafes host tastings and some other wine events. In these events or tastings we invite producers to come over and introduce their product or business. This way we reach the food and beverage bloggers as well as other journalist who write on food and wine pairings. Via this strategy:
- We get to present the product in public.
- It helps in the above strategies by having the possibililty to have articles on other journals and magazines.
Our marketing team creates a couple of banners for our website and after the launch date we select the best one which is uploaded. As concealed wine has a swedish website. We choose on which site the advertising suits the most. During the initial months of the launch this strategy helps reach our webiste visitors. These banners also appear on our social media which help it gain more views.
EVENT BASED MARKETING
We host quizzes and encourage our target group to participate. See below:
- The quiz has 6 to 7 questions.
- These questions are based on the product and the location the product basically comes from.
- The quiz is active on platforms like vinjournalen.se.
- Afterwards the participant will receive an email with the correct answers.
- The participants are welcome to attend each month when we will keep an eye on the most successful readers and summarize every 6 months, which have performed best on our quizzes.
- The quiz is good way to enhance knowledge and attracts a huge number of participants.
Below we present an example to explain you better on how our marketing activities are performed.
After we know the launch date, our marketing team plans the marketing of the particular product. The plan includes some parameters. For example the type of product, distribution type, short term or long term listing.
After following these parameters we create a goal based on the S.M.A.R.T approach. This defines the time line and helps to plan the implementation.
For example a launch takes place on 1st Febraury. In mid January we are ready with a marketing plan. Mostly for our products we try to have 2 to 3 blog posts on our website after the launch date. Secondly we try to get some articles posted on online magazines. It is mostly 1 to 2 editorial articles.
To see an example of articles, click here
A send out to the journalists with an attached pdf of the product details. A regular follow up is done by our team on this matter.
Apart from this we try to fetch articles on the product and we advertise these articles or pictures on our social media platforms. We also use these articles to launch bigger advertisments via the social media. In this step the most important think which is considered for planning is the target group, geographical and demographic target selection. Depending on the size of listing we choose which product fits for the monthly quiz.
We call this final step as Check up step. It involves careful analysis of the results of all the above steps. No plan or strategy is complete without this step. We check the results of all the above steps. If required changes or additions are made to the previous strategies.
» To Read about the monopoly system, click here
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn to get recent updates.